Sept. 21, 2020 noon:Goldwater Info. Session (online) Oct. 16, 2020 noon:Goldwater Application Writing Workshop (online)
Nov. 30, 2020at 5pm: Internal deadline to submit Goldwater application to Dr. Householder Jan. 29, 2021: Goldwater Foundation Application Deadline
Scholarship Opportunities in the Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering
The Barry Goldwater Scholarship is designed to attract outstanding students into research careers in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit to students who are sophomores or juniors during the current academic year, who have excellent academic records, and who have a demonstrated interest in and potential for research careers in the natural sciences, mathematics, or engineering. The scholarship covers undergraduate eligible expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board to a maximum of $7,500 per academic year.
To be considered for nomination, a student must:
- Have one or two years of undergraduate study left and be pursuing a bachelor’s degree on a full-time basis. (A current sophomore in a two-year college who plans to transfer to a baccalaureate program may be nominated.)
- Have an average of at least B or the equivalent.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a demonstrated interest in a research career in the natural sciences, mathematics, or engineering.
- Be nominated by his or her college or university on the official online nomination application provided by the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation.
- Scholarship recipients nominated as sophomores can expect to receive a maximum of two years of scholarship support. Scholarship recipients nominated as juniors are eligible for a maximum of one year of scholarship support.
HOW TO APPLY
Colleges and universities nominate students for Goldwater Scholarships. Information may be obtained from the designated Goldwater Scholarship Campus Representative at your institution.
A distinguished committee of educators; deans; and mathematics, natural science, and engineering faculty members will review
the nominee’s credentials and recommend a pool of qualified individuals to the Board of Trustees of the Goldwater Foundation. The Trustees will make the final approval.
The nomination period for the competition opens in September on the first Tuesday after Labor Day. The submission deadline for all nominations is 5:00 p.m., central lime, on the last Friday in January. Applications and supporting documents have to be submitted electronically from the Foundations website:
For additional information visit: https://goldwater.scholarsapply.org
Talk to your campus representative today!
Dr. April Householder firstname.lastname@example.org