Undergraduate Research Awards
Undergraduate Research Awards provide up to $1,500 to undergraduate students to support their research or creative work with a UMBC faculty mentor on an original project. UMBC students of all years and disciplines are invited to apply, as long as they will remain enrolled at UMBC long enough to complete the proposed work.
Start NOW to prepare a high quality research proposal
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 – First day Undergraduate Research Award Applications will be accepted.
- Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5 p.m.
– Deadline for submission of Undergraduate Research Award proposals, including letter and faculty support form.
- March 13 – 17, 2017 – Undergraduate Research Award faculty review committees meet.
- Monday, March 27, 2017 – Applicants are notified of selection decisions.
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – The 2017-2018 Undergraduate Research Award Scholars and their advisors are introduced at URCAD.
- May 2017 – New URA Scholars contract signing
- June 2017 – April 2018 – Award period
Applications and information on how to apply can be found here.
URA creative projects have included:
Light Inhibits Light
The Undergraduate Research Awards program is funded and managed by the Office of Undergraduate Education. Approximately $72,000 in funding was awarded in May 2011. The program began in 1995 – 1996 as an initiative of the Office of the Provost.