Information for Students Applying for a URA:
Example of URA application questions to review, before you apply:
Research Statement of Specific Aim(s), Purpose, or Goals(s)
Note: If you are a current URA scholar, explain how this proposal differs from /or advances your current work.
- Motivation: Why is it important to do this work? What background do you have that prepares you to carry out this work?
- Competence: What courses, readings, trainings, etc. have prepared you to do this work?
- Methods: What specifically will you do to accomplish this?
- Dissemination: How do you plan to share the results of your work?
- Evaluation: What is the final product of the project? How will this be evaluated and by whom? What will determine if the project is a success?
- Budget: Total funding requested: $__________ Additional funding: Source ___________ Amount ____ Pending ____ Itemized budget: Please list all costs associated with the research, line by line, with amounts.
- Role of the Faculty Mentor/Advisor: Describe how your mentor will give support to assist, evaluate, and advise this project.
- Additional Information: If you are participating is a larger project led by your mentor or others, what leadership are you providing in the work proposed for this funding?
- Literature Review/Citations: Provide a sample of 3-5 sources that have informed the research. Do not include a full bibliography.
- Attach your current unofficial UMBC transcript
- Mentor letter of support