Coming this Fall- Faculty Fridays!
This series will feature workshops specifically designed for faculty who are currently working with undergraduate researchers, or who want to learn more about how to get started!
- September: Overview of undergraduate research opportunities at UMBC and how to get involved as a faculty member
- October: How to be an effective mentor
- November: Writing a strong letter of recommendation
- December: Overview of prestigious scholarships
IHU and FYS Instructors:
Do you want to request a workshop for your classroom?
- How to Get Started in Research
- Overview of Prestigious Scholarships
- How to Write a Winning Personal Statement
- Asking for Letters of Recommendation
- Effective Oral and Poster Presentations
- Professional Etiquette: How to Send a Professional Email
- Social Media Etiquette
- Acing the (Skype) Interview
Send an email to: email@example.com to request a classroom visit.
You can also send students to our upcoming workshops.
Campus-Wide Undergraduate Research Programs
Assignments other faculty members have used to encourage URCAD attendance.
Communication about Undergraduate Research Programs
Advice/Assistance for Mentors
URCAD Committee Chair
URA Committee Chair