Meet our research alumnae:
- Jackie Airhart
- Juan Callazos
- Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman
- William Rice
- Student Spotlight: Myles Ellis The University of Chicago
Benefits for Economics students:
- Work with a faculty member
- Experience hands-on research
- Reinforce classroom learning
- Obtain credit for Independent Research (ECON 493)
- Prepare for work or graduate school
- Travel to national conferences
- Receive grant funding
- Publish independent research
- Are Super Bowl Betting Markets Informationally Efficient? The Time Series Evidence
Kyle R. Clelan. UMBC Review Vol.9.
- Measuring Energy Use: An Application to Student Apartments.
Danielle Schwarzman, Lee Roman, Danielle Lipinski and Ashley Burton. UMBC Review vol.10.
- Digging Deeper – Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations
Juan Collazos. UMBC Review vol.14.
So, what are you doing next summer?
- UC Irvine Grad Division SURF Program
- Brookings Institution
- Program in Early American Economy and Society
- University of Wisconsin: LAKES Research Experience
- Institute for Humane Studies
- Euro Scholars
- University of Maryland Summer Research Initiative
- Case Western Reserve University
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation
- The Leadership Alliance
- UMBC Undergraduate Summer Research Opportunities
- Summer Research Opportunities Spreedsheet
Learn how to find research internships and job opportunities using UMBCworks!
For more information, check out this department’s website: