Meet a research student:
Meet our research alumnae:
Benefits for Economics students:
- Work with a faculty member
- Experience hands-on research
- Reinforce classroom learning
- Obtain credit for Independent Research (ECON 493)
- Prepare for work or graduate school
- Travel to national conferences
- Receive grant funding
- Publish independent research
- Are Super Bowl Betting Markets Informationally Efficient? The Time Series Evidence
Kyle R. Clelan. UMBC Review Vol.9.
- Measuring Energy Use: An Application to Student Apartments.
Danielle Schwarzman, Lee Roman, Danielle Lipinski and Ashley Burton. UMBC Review vol.10.
- Digging Deeper – Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations
Juan Collazos. UMBC Review vol.14.
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business Deadline: DEC 8, 2017
- $10,000.00 stipend to four UMBC students!
- UC Irvine Grad Division SURF Program Deadline: FEB 8
- Brookings Institution
- Program in Early American Economy and Society
- University of Wisconsin: LAKES Research Experience Deadline: FEB 11
- Institute for Humane Studies Deadline: FEB 15
- Euro Scholars
- Fall Semester Deadline: APR 1
- Spring Semester Deadline: OCT 1
- University of Maryland Summer Research Initiative Application open: NOV 1 – FEB 10
- Case Western Reserve University
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation Application accepted: NOV 1 – FEB 10
- The Leadership Alliance Deadline: FEB 1
- UMBC Undergraduate Summer Research Opportunities
- Summer Research Opportunities Spreedsheet
Learn how to find research internships and job opportunities using UMBCworks!
For more information, check out this department’s website: